Like that pupa in the coccoon, I sense that it is almost time to break free. I feel it in my bones. I feel it when I run. I feel it on stressful days. I feel it during arguments. Running has bled into so many other areas of my life; I'm beginning to simulate my ability to push through at work, with eating, finances, and self-care. During my run tonight, my legs were so exhausted. I kept looking between clock and distance, and whichever was closest to an incremental goal at that time, I just said "2 more minutes to 30" or ".12 kms left, you can do this". My thoughts have turned like the tide...they're thoughts of perseverance. For the first time on September 10th, 2015, I ran my first whole 5K without stopping. My body had never felt as good as it had that day (and I think that's how I was able to do it!); My legs weren't getting fatigued, my mind was in the perfect place. I was actually a bit surprised when my body didn't argue back and figured "hey, no reason to stop now". It was glorious, and the exact experience I needed to tackle this 5K. Now, granted running outside is a bit harder (at least imo) with hills and elements, BUT I feel pretty confident I can do it. And I will. 2 days away. I can feel the metamorphosis taking place.

AWESOME!!!
ReplyDelete