I've hit my first real mental block in this journey. Up until the last week, I had completed every.single.workout goal I had made for myself. I never gave up and pushed myself beyond my limits. Lately, my body and mind feel tired and worn. One week ago I ran 25 minutes straight on the treadmill, and the last two days I couldn't get past 10. I'm starting to feel like this isn't any "fun" anymore. It's so dang hard to try and curb every craving (which I unfortunately haven't been that great at for the last week), to push myself beyond my limits, and to surrender to this process. 3.5 weeks until the 5K and I feel pretty doubtful that I'm going to be able to run the whole thing. Then my mind goes to the automatic negative thought (we call them "ANTs" in the therapy world) of "if I can't do it how I set out to do it, then why do it???". It's toxic thinking.
This is where I would have stopped every other time I tried to lose weight; when the novelty wears off and I realize that this is going to be no easy, short-term task. When I realize just how much sacrifice it is going to take and wonder if I have it in me to keep fighting.
I need to start figuring out how to bring the "fun" back into this again. I may need to find a series on Netflix that I can watch while running. Or start running outside. Or step outside of my comfort zone and do a class.
Irregardless, I'm going to drag my butt to the gym tomorrow and do it all over again. Cause that's the only way to move forward and not stay stuck in the past.
You can do it, Mindy!! Keep at it! Keep going! You CAN!!
ReplyDelete